- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Orange Is the New Black star Ruby Rose is in negotiations to join Fan Bingbing and Jason Statham in Meg, the creature feature being made by Warner Bros. and Chinese company Gravity Pictures.
Jon Turteltaub, best known as helmer of the National Treasure movies, is directing the movie, which has a March 2, 2018, release date.
Statham leads the ensemble, playing a former Naval captain and expert diver recruited to undertake a deep-sea mission to rescue Chinese scientists under attack from a terrifying threat: a Carcharodon Megalodon, the 70-foot, 40-ton prehistoric kin to the great white shark.
Rose will play Jaxx, described as a kick-ass engineering genius and member of the marine research team.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Belle Avery and Colin Wilson are among the producers.
Rose is one of the breakout stars of the Netflix series Orange is the New Black who has been making a strong push into film. She has three movies in postproduction: xXx: The Return of Xander Cage with Vin Diesel; Resident Evil: The Final Chapter with Milla Jovovich; and John Wick 2 with Keanu Reeves.
Rose Is repped by WME, manager Carol Bodie and attorney Howard Fishman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day