- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Orchard has picked up the North American rights to Song of Back and Neck.
Brian d’Arcy James, Robert Pine, Clark Duke and director Paul Feig also star in the movie, which centers on an average man with a not-so-average amount of back pain who, in attempting to remedy his ailment, discovers a bizarre hidden talent and even more emotional turmoil.
The Office writer-actor-producer Paul Lieberstein makes his directorial debut with the dark comedy, which he also wrote.
“Everybody I know is either close to somebody with chronic back pain or has it themselves, and that creates an ideal setting for a romantic comedy — it’s hard to believe I got here first. I suspect we will soon see hundreds upon hundreds of films set in the world of back pain,” said Lieberstein. “I’m thrilled to be working with The Orchard on this. I’ve been really lucky to find partners in Starstream, Exhibit and now The Orchard, all committed to taking chances on something different.”
Lieberstein produced the feature, along with Kim Leadford and Jennifer Prediger of StarStream Media. Fernando Loureiro, Roberto Vasconcellos, Candice Abela-Mikati, Allen Babakhanloo and Lauren Russell exec produced.
The deal was negotiated by CAA Media Finance on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain