- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It’s time to step into Orient City.
Heat Vision has the exclusive first trailer for Orient City: Ronin and the Princess, a short film from co-directors Ryan Colucci and Zsombor Huszka. The short has been acquired by Galen Christy’s High Octane Pictures, which will be taking it on the festival circuit.
Meanwhile, the co-directors are developing a feature-length adaptation with production company Spoke Lane. Zsombor Huszka is the lead animator, while Colucci will handle scripting duties with Dikran Ornekian and Rylend Grant.
Orient City follows an opium-addicted ronin who must protect a small girl in Orient City, a vertical tangle of rock and skyscrapers united via cable cars and waterways. (Think the Wild West mixed with feudal Japan.) The girl eventually helps him overcome his addiction as she learns the ways of the samurai.
The filmmakers previously raised more than $34,000 via Kickstarter to help get the short off the ground. They are now hoping to take the short on the festival circuit ahead of working on the feature film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Buriti Flower’ Review: Indigenous History Unfolds in a Striking Mix of Nonfiction and Drama
Arnold Schwarzenegger on Bruce Willis’ Retirement: Action Stars “Never Really Retire…They Reload”
The Little Mermaid
China Box Office: ‘Fast X’ Roars Past $100M, ‘The Little Mermaid’ Struggles to Stay Afloat