- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shawn Dunn has been named chief technology officer at China’s Original Force, a privately owned animation studio with bases in Los Angeles, Beijing, Nanjing, Shanghai and Chengdu.
Dunn’s background includes 13 years at Weta Digital, where he most recently served as head of research and development for the motion group, managing R&D for its animation, motion editing, pre-vis and crowd simulation units. That involved work on The Jungle Book and upcoming The BFG.
Prior to this role, Dunn was head of layout and animation technologies, where he worked on films such as Avatar, the Hobbit trilogy and the Planet of the Apes films.
In his new role at Original Force, Dunn will oversee technology, including IT and workflow innovations. The studio currently is in production on several internally produced motion pictures, which include Duck Duck Goose, Oldzilla and QQ Speed.
“Shawn is an accomplished leader with a great eye for taking complex concepts and translating them into digital worlds,” said Harley Zhao, president and founder of Original Force. “His years at Weta have given him a unique perspective on how technology serves the creative and artistic process.”