- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Orion Pictures has picked up zombie musical Anna and the Apocalypse for North and Latin America, and is planning for a holiday 2018 release.
The feature takes places in Little Haven on Christmas as a zombie apocalypse threatens the sleepy town, forcing Anna (Ella Hunt) and her high school friends to fight, sing and slash their way to survival with a fast-spreading undead horde in relentless pursuit. Teaming up with her best friend, John (Malcolm Cumming), Anna and her crew fight their way through zombified snowmen, a ravenous bachelor party and high school hormones to try and save family and faculty alike.
The horror comedy musical, which had its world premiere at Fantastic Fest, also stars Mark Benton and Paul Kaye.
“The team at Orion can’t wait to work with Blazing Griffin in making Anna and the Apocalypse a holiday spectacular for the ages,” said Hegeman. Nothing gets the blood flowing like a good holiday musical.”
The deal was negotiated by XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day