- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Indomina Releasing is handling worldwide sales for the project at the Marche de Cannes. Jeffrey Coulter, Fred Roos, Claudio Saraceni and Jenny Hinckey are producing.
The coming-of-age road-trip comedy follows a young Italian ornithologist who travels from California to Georgia in the pursuit of the American bald eagle, a dream job and her independence. Location filming on the project is scheduled to begin in the fall.
“We’ve been on the lookout for a great, original comedy with mass commercial appeal, and Idea in America has it all,” said Indomina head Bruce Kirkland. “The story has the irreverent freshness that audiences are drawn to and truly appreciate and the casting is perfect.”
Indomina also has the vampire thriller Reign of Blood, the horror feature The Shrine and the SXSW Film Festival comedy Tiny Furniture in the market. (IFC Films is the U.S. distributor of the latter two projects.)
Indomina will release Yuen Woo Ping’s True Legend May 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day