- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jessica Chastain‘s awards-season wardrobe has varied greatly; she wore pale pink Balenciaga to the Critics’ Choice Awards, white Givenchy to the Globes and a lot of green dresses in the past few weeks. But Sunday’s choice of a black strapless McQueen gown with heavy gold beading was her dream come true — and worked particularly well with her bright red hair.
“There was something about the embroidery of this dress,” Chastain tells The Hollywood Reporter. “It felt larger than life — and this is a larger-than-life moment. I always wanted to be an actor. Most little girls dream of their wedding dresses; I grew up dreaming of my Oscar dress.”
Chastain was accompanied by her grandmother, whom the actress said helped with her jitters. “I’m getting to see it through her eyes, and it’s making the whole thing so much sweeter,” she said. “All her friends are watching at home.”
Chastain was nominated for best supporting actress alongside castmate Octavia Spencer for The Help.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day