- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
KARLOVY VARY — Oscar-winning French director Claude Lelouch will launch the Montreal World Film Festival on August 21 with his latest movie, Salaud, on t’aime (We Love You, You Bastard).
Lelouch’s 44th film, which premiered in France, tells the story of Jacques Kaminsky, played by Johnny Hallyday, a war photographer and absent father who spends more time with his camera than his four daughters, roles performed by Irene Jacob, Pauline Lefevre, Sarah Kazemy and Jenna Thiam.
Sandrine Bonnaire plays Kaminsky’s new girlfriend, and Eddy Mitchell is his best friend.
The ensemble cast includes Isabelle de Hertogh, Valerie Kaprisky, Rufus, Agnes Soral and Stella Lelouch, the director’s daughter, making her screen debut.
“I am faithful to this great festival, and I am very happy to return to Montreal to show Salaud, on t’aime,” declared Lelouch in a statement.
The 38th Montreal World Film Festival will run from Aug. 21 to Sept. 1, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sir Anthony Hopkins