- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the March 7 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Everyone weighs in with Oscar predictions — journalists, bookies, psychics. Few have the track record of THR‘s awards analyst Scott Feinberg. But New York psychic medium Thomas John is on the ball as well — he predicted an actress in white would trip on the way to the podium last year (enter Jennifer Lawrence).
Come Oscar night, he predicts 12 Years a Slave for best picture; Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o topping the acting categories; and Alfonso Cuaron for best director. He also sees Nyong’o decked out in print.
L.A.-based psychic medium Bill Philipps surprisingly agrees about Bullock winning for best actress (neither got the Cate Blanchett memo) and foresees Leonardo DiCaprio for best actor and Gravity for best picture.
Adds Philipps, “I don’t think Jennifer Lawrence will fall again this year — she’ll be OK.” But there might be a wardrobe malfunction: John sees it occurring to someone in a red dress.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day