- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga‘s Sound of Music medley at Sunday’s Oscars was notable for many reasons — namely, how stripped-down the whole affair was, with the pop star’s beautiful voice taking center stage instead of the theatrics of her early career. The cherry on top was when Sound of Music star Julie Andrews came onstage afterward and embraced Gaga with a wide smile on her face.
It appeared that Andrews was just as in awe of the performance as the audience was — and as it turns out, she was.
“I was deeply honored by the Academy’s lovely tribute to The Sound of Music and especially touched by Lady Gaga’s wonderful performance,” the Oscar winner said in a statement to Access Hollywood. “I have always been a fan, but last night we bonded and now I have a new friend.”
Gaga’s tribute marked the 50th anniversary of the beloved musical.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey