- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of Thursday’s Oscar nominations announcement, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences unveiled its official theme for the 2016 broadcast.
The tagline for the Chris Rock-hosted event is “We all dream in gold,” as noted in a new promo that features clips from the year’s buzziest titles, including Room, Creed, Brooklyn, Trainwreck, The Martian, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Steve Jobs, Jurassic World and Joy, as well as archival footage from previous ceremonies.
“Some dream of falling in love, others dream of galaxies far, far away, and some dream of changing the world,” says Morgan Freeman, as Imagine Dragons’ “Dream” plays in the background. “But there is one night we all dream in gold.”
Additionally, the key art features nostalgic shots of then-freshly minted winners Ben Affleck, Javier Bardem, Jamie Foxx, Lupita Nyong’o, Meryl Streep, Tilda Swinton, John Legend and Common, with the tagline illuminated in gold.
Ahead of the Oscars on Feb. 28, watch the awards show’s new promo below, followed by the campaign’s key art.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show