- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Adam Levine is bringing his guitar to the Oscars.
The Maroon 5 frontman is set to perform Begin Again’s original song contender “Lost Stars,” written by Gregg Alexander and Danielle Brisebois. The film, in which Levine made his feature film acting debut, also stars Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley.
He performed the song on The Voice in December, as a duet with his finalist Matt McAndrew.
Levine noted the news on Twitter on Monday morning.
So…I’ll be singing at the #OSCARS!!! Whaaaat??!?!? Thank you @theAcademy! #LostStars
— Adam Levine (@adamlevine) January 26, 2015
“Lost Stars” is up for the honor against Common and John Legend‘s “Glory” from Selma, Glen Campbell and Julian Raymond‘s “I’m Not Gonna Miss You” from Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me, Rita Ora‘s version of Diane Warren‘s “Grateful” from Beyond the Lights, and The Lego Movie’s “Everything Is Awesome,” written by Shawn Patterson and performed by Tegan and Sara featuring The Lonely Island.
The Oscars will be held on Feb. 22 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, and will air live on ABC at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Box Office: ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ Tracking for $60M-$70M Debut
Donald Glover, Jason Momoa and More Reach Out to Future Generation About Climate Concerns in ‘Common Ground’ Documentary Clip
Emma Stone Reveals More of Her Frankenstein in Yorgos Lanthimos’ ‘Poor Things’ Trailer