- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Academy of Motion Pictures has announced the six lucky winners who will help hand out statuettes on the big night.
Channing Tatum appeared on Monday’s Jimmy Kimmel Live to name this year’s Team Oscar winners. They will get to stand on stage during the telecast and hand Oscar trophies to the show’s celebrity presenters.
To enter the contest, aspiring filmmakers were asked to film creative 60-second videos detailing the best advice they’ve ever received. Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, Tatum, and the Academy chose the winners.
“Now in its third year, our Team Oscar program has become a real tradition for The Academy,” Zadan and Meron said. “We love giving these incredibly talented young filmmakers the experience of what it’s like to be on the Oscars stage, and making sure that everyone on that stage is connected to the future of film.”
Tatum pointed out that it wasn’t easy to select just six people. “I’m so impressed by the creativity, passion and hard work that went into this year’s Team Oscar submissions,” he told Kimmel.
The Academy Awards ceremony is held Feb. 22 at the Dolby Theatre. The list of winners and video of the segment can be seen below.
- Chris Carmona – Hometown: Bell, CA
- Justin Craig – Hometown: Ballston Spa, NY
- Kelly FitzGerald – Hometown: Geneva, NY
- Justin Floyd – Hometown: Compton, CA
- Rhianna Shaheen – Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA
- Patrick Walker – Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day