- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The comedian admitted to audience members that because he has been absent from home in preparation of hosting the 88th Academy Awards, he hasn’t been able to help his daughter and her troop sell boxes during the cookie-selling season.
Channeling Ellen DeGeneres’ 2014 hosting duties — when she welcomed a local pizza man to pass out boxes to nominees in the audience — Rock’s daughter and her friends walked around the Dolby Theatre’s floor to solicit attendees hungry for Tagalongs, Thin Mints and other flavors in the multicolored cookie boxes.
Kate Winslet, Matt Damon and John Legend were among numerous A-list attendees that held their arms up with hands full of cash ready to purchase from the scout troop, who donned their green vests in an image up on the screen.
Mindy Kaling tweeted shortly after that she was munching on the chocolate and coconut-flavored Samoas during the show.
Later in the kudocast, Rock welcomed the troop back to the stage to see how much the audience had raised. He jokingly thanked a fake Suge Knight for donating the “most” of the “$65,243” collected for the Girl Scouts.
The Rock-hosted awards were held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) February 29, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day