- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie is focused on 67-year-old Hana, a happy mother and grandmother who goes through a series of life-changing events.
Ice Mother was theatrically released in the Czech Republic on February 23, 2017 and had its international premiere in the competition of the Tribeca Film Festival in New York, where it was honored with the best screenplay award.
Subsequently, the film was added to the lineups of several other international festivals, including Sydney, Karlovy Vary and Vancouver.
Its international sales are handled by The Match Factory.
Slama is mostly known internationally for his 2001 film Divoke vcely (The Wild Bees), which won the Tiger Award at Rotterdam.
The Czech Republic has submitted a film to the Oscars every year since its separation from Slovakia in January 1993.
In 1996, Jan Sverak’s Kolya won an Academy Award in the best foreign-language category.
Jan Hrebejk’s Musíme si pomahat (Divided We Fall) and Ondrej Trojan’s Zelary were nominated in 2000 and 2003, respectively.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day