- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
12 Years A Slave star Lupita Nyong’o dazzled on the red carpet in a powder-blue Prada gown, but the real crowning glory of her look was a Fred Leighton diamond-and-gold headband — a fitting choice for the actress who has been ruling the awards season red carpet. Nyong’o also nabbed Saturday’s Independent Spirit Award for best supporting actress and is a frontrunner in the same category at the Oscars.
“Lupita + Cinderella = Lupitarella,” said the actress’ stylist Micaela Erlanger, who is responsible for the starlet’s showstopping looks this season, including Nyong’o’s red, caped Ralph Lauren ensemble at the Golden Globes in January. “[The headband] was the icing to this gown, adding a touch of sparkle. It completed the look perfectly.”
The headband already has spawned its own Twitter account, @lupitasheadband. We’re head over heels for this look.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day