- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Who could forget Anne Hathaway‘s Les Nipperables Oscar gown last year? We all know how that story unfolded: Hathaway feared her pale Valentino Oscar gown would resemble her Les Miserables co-star Amanda Seyfried‘s Oscar de la Renta number, so she switched out at the last minute to a pale pink satin Prada gown with seams at the breasts that accentuated, uh, well, you know.
In January, The Hollywood Reporter learned that Hathaway had parted ways with Rachel Zoe — although the official word is that they’re still friends. It’s almost like Hathaway had to have a fashion refresher this year. She suddenly started working with stylist Penny Lovell, who has established herself as having fresh, original taste working with Rose Byrne, Bella Thorne and until a while ago, Ginnifer Goodwin.
Their first style pairing was Hathaway’s casual and cool Sundance wardrobe. Lately, she’s been dressing down in a more chic and boyish style, complementing her waifish hair and body. At the Oscars, Hathaway’s red-carpet debut (styled by Lovell) saw the actress in a Gucci black silk crepe column with a crystal-embroidered halter bodice. It was the perfect move: This Gucci gown was simple, elegant, youthful and grown-up, all at the same time.
And there wasn’t a nipple in sight. Huzzah!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day