- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Frozen‘s Academy Award-nominated song “Let It Go” is going to heat up the Oscar stage.
Star Idina Menzel will perform the song during the live telecast of the Academy Awards on Sunday, March 2, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Tuesday.
The Tony winner voiced the animated character in Disney’s hit musical pic, which also starred the voices of Kristen Bell and Josh Gad.
“Let it Go,” written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, is nominated for best original song. Frozen also is nominated for best animated film.
The three other nominated songs are “Happy” from Despicable Me 2, “Ordinary Love” from Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom and “The Moon Song” from Her.
Menzel recently belted out the ballad at the Vibrato in Bel Air, Calif., during a cabaret show to celebrate the film. Bell and Gad also performed during the event.
The Academy Awards will take place Sunday, March 2, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center and will be televised live on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day