- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A three-time music-movie actor himself (Saturday Night Fever, Grease and Hairspray), Travolta introduced her as “the wickedly talented, one and only Adele Nazeem,” just before Menzel — in a blush-toned Reem Acra dress — belted out the anthem amid glistening floor-to-ceiling jewels.
While the theater maven of Rent and Wicked (as well as Enchanted and Glee in Tinseltown) doesn’t seem bothered by it anyway, her latest Broadway production, If/Then, capitalized on Travolta’s name flub with a tweeted graphic on Monday that reads, “You know her name!”
— If/Then (@IfThenMusical) March 3, 2014
If/Then stars Menzel as a New York City woman leading parallel lives, and reunites her onstage with Rent’s Anthony Rapp. Previews for the new original musical begin Wednesday at the Richard Rodgers Theatre.
Netflix also took advantage of the opportunity on Monday night by quoting Travolta’s mispronunciation directly, in order to promote the film adaption of Rent on the streaming platform.
Don’t miss the wickedly talented Adela Dazeem in RENT, streaming now: http://t.co/9zl6NOLG1V
— Netflix US (@netflix) March 4, 2014
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day