- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Violet Grey, the all-things-beauty-and-glamour site started by Paramount CEO Brad Grey’s wife Cassandra Huysentruyt Grey, is gifting goody bags to this year’s female Oscar nominees. Amy Adams, Lupita Nyong’o, Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Lawrence, Julia Roberts and Jennifer Garner (phew!) plus actresses with films going for gold Olivia Wilde, Margot Robbie, Scarlett Johansson and Rooney Mara, costume designer Catherine Martin (The Great Gatsby) and host Ellen DeGeneres each received one in the weeks leading up to the Academy Awards.
The bags, which were designed by Donald Robertson (one of three original founders of MAC Cosmetics), feature playful, collage-style sketches of each recipient and an assortment of lip, eye, skincare and beauty tools handpicked by the town’s top makeup artists and manicurists. “There’s champagne, bouquets of flowers, but at Violet Grey, we send a package brimming with red carpet beauty musts — the shoppers were customized for each nominee,” Huysentruyt Grey told Pret-a-Reporter.
Here, a breakdown of what’s inside the bags — and the beauty pros (Charlize Theron’s, Margot Robbie’s and Kristen Stewart’s gurus) behind each must-have item:
1. Morning Time cleansing balm by Eve Lom; $60.
“The perfect first step to prep the skin; the muslin cloth gently exfoliates, leaving a perfect canvas for makeup application. I can gently exfoliate the skin without worrying about redness or a reaction before getting a client ready for a big event like the Oscars.” —makeup artist Romy Soleimani (celebrity clients: Demi Moore and Liv Tyler)
2. De Rose lip balm by Terry; $60.
3. Double Beauty Blender Pro makeup sponge by Beauty Blender; $28.95.
“Dampen the sponge first, then use it to apply foundation. It’s the only way for a completely seamless makeup finish.” —makeup artist Jenn Streicher (celebrity clients: Elisabeth Moss and Margot Robbie)
4. Radiance foundation primer by Laura Mercier; $19.50.
“My go-to ‘I want to look 10 years younger’ product. It creates a glowy, soft focus effect to the skin.” —makeup artist Georgie Eisdell (celebrity client: Carey Mulligan)
5. Shimmer Brick blush compact in Rose by Bobbi Brown; $42.
6. Arch Brow sculpting eyebrow pencil by Hourglass; $32. —Jenn Streicher
7. Shade & Illuminate highlighting and shading duo by Tom Ford; $75.
“Contouring the face is crucial for a polished look, and this cream formulation keeps complexions looking glowy and real.” —makeup artist Pati Dubroff (celebrity clients: Natalie Portman and Charlize Theron)
8. Eyes To Kill eye shadow palette by Giorgio Armani; $50. —Tim Quinn, Armani Beauty National Director of Creative Artistry
9. Eyelash curler by Utowa; $20
10. Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base by Nars; $25.
“Dries on contact and intensifies pigment, creating a perfect base for eye shadow application; shadow won’t smudge, crease or cake. Apply a thin layer and blend prior to eye makeup application. Especially amazing for oily lids.” —makeup artist Beau Nelson (celebrity clients: Kristen Stewart and Nicole Richie)
11. Cils cellophane mascara by Serge Lutens; $60 —celebrity makeup artist Daniel Martin
12. Diorshow Mascara by Dior; $25. —Beau Nelson
13. Stainless steel combination slant/point tweezer by Rubis; $45. —Jenn Streicher
14. Velvet Rope lipstick by Lipstick Queen; $50. —Daniel Martin
15. Nail color remover pads by RGB; $28.
“Not only do they remove all color efficiently with one pad, it simultaneously fortifies and provides nails and cuticles with a soothing, nourishing treatment.” —celebrity manicurist Jenna Hipp
16. Por Couture Vernis A Levres glossy lip stain by Yves Saint Laurent; $35. —Pati Dubroff
17. Anti-aging eye cream and lip balm compact by La Prairie; $150. —Pati Dubroff
18. Top Gloss nail polish topcoat by JinSoon; $18.
19. Neck renewal cream by Revive Fermatif; $150.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day