- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – Gabriela Pichler‘s critically acclaimed immigrant drama Eat Sleep Die will represent Sweden in the 2014 Academy Awards nomination race in the best foreign language film category.
The drama, which premiered in Venice’s Critics’ Week last year, winning the audience award, swept Sweden’s film academy honors, the Guldbagge Awards. It won the awards for best feature, best director, best screenplay and best actress for lead Nermina Lukac as the 20-year-old immigrant Rasa.
Eat Sleep Die has also been nominated for one of Scandinavia’s top film honors, the Nordic Council Film Prize.
Produced by China Ahlander for Sweden’s Anagram Film and TV, Eat Sleep Die has already sold to 36 countries. The Yellow Affair is handling international sales for the title.
The nominees for best foreign language film will be announced in January and the winner at the Oscar ceremony March 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day