- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hollywood is on the hunt for Billy Crystal.
The newly released trailer for the 84th Academy Awards pokes fun at the search for a host following Eddie Murphy’s highly publicized exit in November.
“We wanted to try something a little bit different this year instead of a traditional, clip-based piece,” said Christina Kounelias, Academy Chief Marketing Officer. “The trailer has a fun twist that conveys how excited everyone is to have Billy back.”
The Academy teamed up with Funny or Die to create the clip, which will have a one-month run in more than 2,000 theaters starting on Jan. 6. It can be viewed below and at Oscars.org/trailer.
“Our team had a great time working with the Academy and joining forces with Billy again,” said Mike Farah, Funny or Die’s president of production. “We think the trailer really speaks to the excitement around this year’s Oscars, and Funny or Die was honored to be a part of it.”
Murphy dropped out as host following the controversial exit of producer Brett Ratner. The Tower Heist director was ultimately replaced by Brian Grazer, while Crystal agreed to return for his ninth stint hosting the annual show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day