- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, written and directed by Bong Joon Ho, took home four honors: best picture, best director, best original screenplay and best international feature. Heading into the night, the title was up in six categories.
Bong’s film also nabbed the best original screenplay award, besting fellow nominees Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Knives Out, 1917 and Marriage Story.
Parasite also made Oscars history by being the first foreign-language film to take home the ceremony’s top prize.
Trailing behind with three wins was 1917. The World War I film from Sam Mendes received prizes for cinematography, visual effects and sound mixing.
Here’s the evening’s wins by film.
Wins by film:
Parasite – 4
1917 – 3
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – 2
Joker – 2
Ford v Ferrari – 2
Judy – 1
Jojo Rabbit – 1
Marriage Story – 1
Little Women – 1
Bombshell – 1
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day