- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscilloscope Laboratories and Showtime have acquired rights to the documentary The Other F Word, from director Andrea Blaugrund Nevins. The indie distributor plans a fall theatrical release, while Showtime will launch the cable TV premiere next year.
The film explores the issue of how a generation of punk rockers is now handling fatherhood, with Mark Hoppus from Blink-182, Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jim Lindberg from Pennywise, Art Alexakis from Everclear, Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo and many more offering their thoughts on the shift from public rebel to domestic authority figure. F Word had its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival in March.
“When I first heard about this film about musician fathers, I thought, ‘Oh no, not another film that everyone thinks I’m going to like…,’” said Oscilloscope’s Adam Yauch. “But I was actually very moved by it, pleasantly surprised, and glad I didn’t go with my first instinct. It’s a beautiful and touching film.”
Oscilloscope has recently released A Film Unfinished, Howl and Monogamy. Upcoming films include Meek’s Cutoff and James Franco’s documentary Saturday Night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day