- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
1) Tom Hardy has been offered a role in the third Christopher Nolan-directed Batman movie is the word on Hollywood Blvd. Deadline has the deal as done, although both Warners and CAA, which reps Hardy have no comment.
Most insiders have him pegged to play Batman villain the Riddler, although a month ago Joseph Godron Levitt’s name was associated with the role.
Right now, Hardy is best known for being part of Leonardo DiCaprio’s dream team in Nolan’s “Inception,” although the English actor has been on Hollywood’s up-and-coming leading men radar for a while. He’s been attached to star as Mad Mad in “Fury Road,” which recently saw its start date push back again. Now that movie is due to start shooting February 2012.
2) On Monday, Rhys Ifan was confirmed as joining the cast of the new Spider-Man movie. Sony wouldn’t say he’d be playing the villain but c’mon, who are the trying to kid?
The Wrap is now saying the villain Ifans is playing is Dr. Curt Connors, AKA the Lizard.
Two of the Sam Raimi movies actually had the one-armed scientist in its supporting cast, played by Dylan Baker, but never turned him into a villain.
The new movie, being directed by Marc Webb, brings Peter Parker back to high school and while Sony wouldn’t comment on who the villain will be, word on the street is that it’s a high school teacher. So that could work just fine.
But wait! What if there is more than one villain?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day