- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pacific Rim 2 has begun production in Australia, and its star John Boyega has confirmed it’s title.
The actor shared a photo of his script, featuring the words Pacific Rim: Maelstrom, which long has been rumored to be the title of the followup to Guillermo del Toro’s film.
Boyega rose to star status with last year’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens — and in his second franchise will be canceling the apocalypse (again) as the son of Stacker Pentecost (played by Idris Elba in the first film). The previous installment saw a a rift destroyed, presumably preventing monsters from another dimension coming to Earth — but they must have found a way back (we need sequels after all).
A photo posted by BOYEGA (@jboyega_) on
Steven S. DeKnight is directing Pacific Rim: Maelstrom, which also stars Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny and Jing Tian.
The film, from Legendary and Universal, is set for a Feb. 23, 2018 release date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day