- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chinese actress Jing Tian has joined the cast of Legendary’s Pacific Rim sequel.
The actress, who is making her English-language debut in Legendary’s fantasy The Great Wall opposite Matt Damon, will star in the mechs-versus-monsters tentpole alongside John Boyega, Scott Eastwood and Cailee Spaeny.
The film will be directed by Steven S. DeKnight and “based on the world created by Guillermo del Toro and Travis Beacham,” according to the company, which made the announcement Wednesday. No other plot details have been released.
Production is set to begin in November in Australia, with shooting also taking place in China.
The Pacific Rim follow-up is set to be released on Feb. 23, 2018, by Universal, which is handling all territories except China. Legendary will distribute in China directly alongside its parent company Wanda.
Thomas Tull, Mary Parent, Jon Jashni and del Toro will produce the action-adventure film, along with Boyega and Femi Oguns under their Upper Room Productions shingle.
Jing, who has appeared in Chinese films such as New Police Story with Jackie Chan, also will be seen in Legendary’s Kong: Skull Island.
The actress is repped by CAA and Starlit TV & Film Ltd. Co.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day