- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The apocalypse is still being canceled, but just a little later than planned.
Uprising is the sequel to Guillermo del Toro’s 2013 film, which saw a group of Yaeger pilots, played by Charlie Hunnam and Rinko Kikuchi, use their giant robots to protect humanity from giant monsters (Kaiju).
In the follow-up, John Boyega plays the son of Stacker Pentecost (Idris Elba’s character in the original). Director Steven S. DeKnight is piloting the pic this time around.
No trailer has debuted yet, but last month during San Diego Comic-Con, Uprising released a short teaser that looks like a recruiting video for Yaeger pilots.
The film is a Universal/Legendary co-production.
March 2018 will be pretty busy in the blockbuster movie realm, with A Wrinkle in Time (March 9), Tomb Raider (March 16) and Ready Player One (March 30) all slated to open during the month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain