- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MADRID – Illustrator and cartoonist Paco Roca will make his feature debut, directing the adaptation of comic Memoirs of a Man in Pajamas, production house Perro Verde Films announced Tuesday.
Roca, who recently won a Goya for his comic book adaptation of Wrinkles, will direct the 2D animation film for young audiences about a forty-something Peter Pan character who has finally achieved his childhood dream: to stay home all day in his pajamas.
Taking its inspiration from Seinfeld and a heavy dose of autobiography, the film is comprised of short animated episodes preceded by short presentations by the director in the style of Hitchcock Presents – but in his pajamas.
Based on the comic book published by Astiberri, Memoirs will be produced by Manuel Cristobal of Perro Verde Films with a script written by Wrinkles‘ Angel de la Cruz.
“The project is a way to continue working with a storyteller like Paco Roca and enjoy the possibility of a feature that is also a short series for web and TV. We are looking for brands interested in doing something innovative and fun,” Cristobal said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day