- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 2018 awards season will begin with a concentrated punch during the first week of January, with the Palm Springs International Film Festival set to hold its annual gala on Tuesday, Jan. 2, and the 75th annual Golden Globe Awards taking place just five days later on Sunday, Jan. 7.
The Palm Springs fest, which just announced the dates for its 29th edition, will run Jan. 2-15.
It will kick off with the gala, at the Palm Springs Convention Center, which always draws a full contingent of awards hopefuls.
The festival’s “Power of Words: Book to Screen” program will then be held on Wednesday, Jan. 3.
Film screenings will begin on Jan. 4, with an opening-night screening held at the Richards Center for the Arts, followed by a party at the Palm Springs Art Museum.
The event will formally close on Sunday, Jan. 14, with its final program of Best of Fest screenings taking place on Jan. 15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day