- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Supermodel Beverly Johnson is a Palm Springs area resident — but she’s never attended the Palm Springs International Film Festival Gala before. So clearly she knew what she was doing, attending a major press event a month after she made a public statement alleging that Bill Cosby drugged her when she was younger.
“It’s been a whirlwind month,” she told The Hollywood Reporter at the festival. “I knew what to expect by coming here, and I was good with it — until I got here,” she continued, fighting back a tear. “My whole life changed in the last month. There has been an outpouring of women telling me their sexual abuse stories. I knew it was an important thing to do.”
“Now I hear these stories wherever I go,” Johnson said. “I know, though, that speaking out was the right thing to do — it is always the right thing to do.”
Johnson attended the festival in a black Dolce & Gabbana blazer and a long black Dolce & Gabbana sequin skirt.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day