- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount will give a new Cloverfield film a wide release in Imax on Oct. 27, the studio announced Thursday.
Interestingly, God Particle — another film from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions, which was previously set for a Feb. 24 release — was removed from the release schedule.
The switch implies that God Particle is, in fact, the next title of the Cloverfield-connected universe. The same was done when the studio dated 2016’s 10 Cloverfield Lane. Paramount did not respond to a request for comment on whether it’s true this time as well.
God Particle (or the new Cloverfield film?) stars David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Chris O’Dowd, Daniel Bruhl, Zhang Ziyi and Elizabeth Debicki as crewmembers aboard a space station who find themselves alone after a scientific experiment causes Earth to disappear. When a space shuttle appears, the space station crew must determine if those aboard are friend or foe. Julius Onah is directing the movie.
The new Cloverfield entry will open against Lionsgate’s latest Saw installment.
Rebecca Ford contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day