- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount has dated its next three Transformers sequels, and they will come in quick succession beginning in 2017.
Transformers 5 will open on June 23, 2017, while Transformers 6 will come a year later on June 8, 2018. And Transformers 7 is slotted for June 28, 2019.
The first four Transformers movies, which launched in 2007, have earned $3.8 billion at the box office worldwide.
Transformers 5 will open up against Warner Bros.’ Wonder Woman. Transformers 6 is set to duke it out with Warner’s Godzilla 2. June 28, 2019, is currently unclaimed, so Transformers 7 has the summer slot all to itself at the moment (though Disney will release The Incredibles 2 the week before).
Michael Bay, who directed the first four Transformers films, has said that he will direct Transformers 5, but that it will be his last.
There are some eight writers who have worked on drafts for Transformers 5, with Akiva Goldsman taking a leadership role in the script development. Mark Wahlberg — who starred in the fourth installment, Transformers: Age of Extinction — is expected to return for the franchise’s fifth chapter.
Transformers is based on the popular Hasbro toy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day