- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount’s digital arm has ended its business relationship with the owner of Deadline Hollywood and has shut down the Facebook game based on the blog, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
Launched last summer as a partnership between Paramount Digital, Liquid Entertainment and the blog edited by Nikki Finke, the Deadline Hollywood game failed to attract a broad audience. Sources say the game was discontinued within the past few weeks. It is not currently accessible on Facebook.
A Paramount rep declined to comment. A call to Deadline owner Jay Penske of Penske Media Corp. was not immediately returned.
In announcing the game last summer, Finke wrote in a statement on the blog: “The ‘Deadline Hollywood Game’ will allow experienced gamers, real-life Hollywood players, movie fans, and casual users to truly experience the grit, intrigue, and rivalry of the Hollywood industry. And just like the real town, this game is not for every schmo — only the strongest will survive.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day