- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount is joining the coven for Labyrinth Lost.
The studio has optioned the YA book from writer Zoraida Cordova. The story follows Alejandra Mortiz, who comes from a family of brujas (witches) and has unsuccessfully tried to hide her powers.
Ultimately, she chooses to reject her destiny of becoming a witch and casts a spell that is meant to strip her of her powers. Instead it banishes her family into the underworld of Los Lagos. Alejandra and her non-magical best friend, Rishi, go on a journey to save her family by using the very magic that she wanted to reject.
Paramount has a number of YA properties in various stages of development, including Anatomy of a Misfit and An Ember in the Ashes.
Labyrinth Lost is in the early stages of development and does not yet have a writer or any producers attached.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise