- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount is in negotiations to pick up Monster Problems, a spec script by Brian Duffield for Shawn Levy and his 21 Laps banner to produce.
Details are being kept under lock and key, but the project has been described as a post-apocalyptic road movie in the vein of Mad Max and Zombieland with a John Hughes-esque love story at its center.
Billy Rosenberg and Dan Cohen will oversee the project at 21 Laps.
Sources peg the deal as in the low-against-mid six figures.
Duffield, repped by Gersh and Circle of Confusion, is behind the Black List script Jane Got a Gun that has attracted Natalie Portman as star and producer and Lynne Ramsey directing. His romantic comedy Your Bridemaid’s a Bitch, set up at Skydance, recently saw Eli Craig board as director.
Levy, the director of Night at the Museum and Date Night, is a eyeing a July start for his next movie, Fox comedy The Internship, which will reteam Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. 21 Laps is producing the coming-of-age indie The Spectacular Now and the Fox 2000 Christmas comedy Alone for the Holidays.
Paramount had no comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day