- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just three weeks before it was scheduled to release The Moon and the Sun, Paramount has pulled the historical fantasy, starring Pierce Brosnan, from its release schedule.
The movie, in which Brosnan plays King Louis XIV of France, had been scheduled to open on April 10. Paramount picked up U.S. distribution rights to the film, directed by Sean McNamara, in August. Also starring William Hurt, Benjamin Walker and Kaya Scodelario, the film tells the story of how the French monarch tried to achieve immortality by stealing the life force from a mermaid.
No new release date has been announced, although one source close to the film attributed the move to the fact that it was taking more time than expected to complete effects work, and suggested that it could be released some time this summer.
The studio has set release dates for two other films: Captive, a drama starring Kate Mara and David Oyelowo and directed by Jerry Jameson, will be released Sept. 18, 2015. Same Kind of Different as Me, starring Renee Zellweger and Djimon Hounsou and directed by Michael Carney, will be released April 29, 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day