- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back is the latest Paramount film to get a boost from Chinese investors.
The sequel to the 2012 Tom Cruise starrer has received an investment from Huahua Media and Shanghai Film Group, which will also will act as the lead China marketing partners for the film, along with Paramount China.
Huahua partnered with the studio on this summer’s Star Trek Beyond, which has grossed $62 million at the Chinese box office since its early September release, as well as 2014’s Transformers: Age of Extinction, which crossed $300 million at the box office in China.
Shanghai Film Group oversees more than 2,000 theater screens and also operates the Shanghai Film Studios. SFG recently signed a cooperation agreement with Studio Babelsberg, Germany’s largest film studio.
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back will see the return of Cruise as an ex-Army investigator, who now has to clear the name of his friend who has been accused of espionage.
It hits theaters in the U.S. and China on Oct. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day