- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount has wasted to no time in setting a release date for the romantic action adventure comedy The Lost City of D.
The Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum starrer will hit theaters on April 15 of next year. The film is a major priority for newly installed motion picture group president Emma Watts, who hired in 2021 by Paramount CEO Jim Gianopulos. (The duo had worked together for years at 20th Century Fox.)
Directed by Adam and Aaron Nee, the film follows a successful romance author (Bullock) who is kidnapped by a villainous treasure hunter and forced to team up with her cover model (Tatum) as they are “swept into a cutthroat jungle adventure that proves stranger than fiction,” according to a description from the studio.
The Nee brothers are known for their 2015 movie Band of Robbers, as well as for directing He-Man and the Masters of the Universe for Netflix.
The script for The Lost City of D is written by Dana Fox (Isn’t it Romantic, How to be Single) from a treatment by Seth Gordon (Horrible Bosses, Identity Thief), who is also producing via his company, Exhibit A.
Bullock is also a producer on the project under her Fortis Films banner, alongside Liza Chasin for 3dot Productions and Seth Gordon for Exhibit A.
Pamela McClintock contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day