- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount’s fourth installment of the Paranormal Activity franchise takes place five years after the second film, which ended with Katie (Katie Featherson) kidnapping baby Hunter. In a new trailer for the movie, flashbacks follow the tagline, “All the activity has led to this.”
Footage stamped with Nov. 2011 shows a teen girl named Alice, played by Kathryn Newtown, talking to a person who appears to be her mom. “I don’t what it is, but I’ve just been hearing a lot of noise,” she says. “And all this weird stuff has been happening since the new neighbors moved in.”
Alice is then seen talking to a friend Alex (Matt Shively) via webcam and shows her “creepy” new neighbor standing in the driveway. The lights start flashing on and off when a black shadow suddenly appears behind her, ending the webcam conversation.
Paranormal Activity 4 opens on Oct. 19.
Watch the new trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day