- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount has captured its next victims — we mean, writers — to pen Paranormal Activity 5.
Jason Pagan and Andrew Deutschman will write the latest installment of the scary movie franchise, which has so far made more than $718 million worldwide.
PHOTOS: 25 of Fall’s Most Anticipated Movies
A Latin-themed spinoff titled Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones is due to be released Jan. 3, 2014. Paranormal Activity 5 is set for an Oct. 24, 2014, open.
No plot details have emerged but as the process for these movies go, Pagan and Deutschman will write scriptments that will serve as the basis for the found footage movie.
Jason Blum and Oren Peli are producing.
Pagan and Deutschman are already well-entrenched in that lucrative genre and at Paramount in general: They wrote Almanac, the Michael Bay–produced found footage sci-fi thriller that the studio will release Feb. 28, 2014.
And last month Paramount picked up Raindrop, another film that reteams the writers with Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form and is meant to be another entry in the handheld camera genre.
Pagan and Deutschman are repped by WME, manager Trevor Engelson at Underground and attorney Andrew Hurwitz.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day