- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Zac Efron tries to save JFK and Ron Livingston deals with his guilt over missing a chance to stop Lee Harvey Oswald in the first trailer for the new film Parkland.
The movie focuses on the behind-the-scenes people involved in events surrounding John F. Kennedy‘s assassination and the subsequent arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald. It stars Efron, Marcia Gay Harden, Billy Bob Thornton, Paul Giamatti and Livingston and was produced by Tom Hanks‘ Playtone banner.
In the trailer, a nervous Efron and Harden are shown trying to save JFK’s life at Parkland Hospital. Giamatti’s also shown as the infamous Zapruder cameraman.
The clip also teases a storyline in which Livingston’s character knew about Oswald before he shot JFK and he and his colleagues could have stopped the assassination.
The movie is based on the book Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy by Vincent Bugliosi.
The film was written and directed by Peter Landesman.
Parkland is set to be released on Oct. 4 by Exclusive Media Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day