- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Rapper Kyle makes his feature film debut in Netflix’s The After Party.
Kyle (credited as Kyle Harvey) plays Owen, an aspiring rapper vying for a record deal. He and his buddy Jeff (Harrison Holzer) chase fame on one wild night in hopes of scoring their big break.
The 25-year-old rap star got his own breakthrough with the release of his debut album, Light of Mine, in May. His single “Playinwitme,” featuring Kehlani, peaked at No. 11 on the Billboard charts earlier this year.
Wiz Khalifa and DJ Khaled make appearances in the film to offer Owen advice, alongside rappers Pusha T, French Montana, Desiigner and Jadakiss.
Ian Edelman (Puerto Ricans in Paris, How to Make It in America) wrote and directed the film, with Q, Jamie Patricof, Katie McNeill, Douglas Banker, Trevor Engelson, Jake Stein and Heather Parry serving as producers.
Shelley Hennig, Teyana Taylor and Andy Buckley also star in the film, hitting the streaming service Aug. 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day