- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for Brian De Palma’s new film, Passion, has hit the web, showing Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace caught up in power struggle that involves dramatic conversations in limos, creepy white face masks and at least one black lace blindfold.
Passion is a remake of French thriller Love Crime, following a woman (McAdams) and her protégé (Rapace) who work together at a conglomerate. When her boss steals one of her ideas, the protégé embarks on a deadly revenge mission.
The erotic thriller is along the lines of what you’d expect from De Palma, who helmed Dressed to Kill (1980), Femme Fatale (2002) and The Black Dahlia (2006).
Rapace, who most recently starred in Ridley Scott’s Prometheus and played the creepy and intense lead in the Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, gets to revisit that dark side once again as the vulnerable protégé. McAdams, known for her many romantic dramas (The Notebook, The Vow), gets to explore her creepier persona with this role.
Passion will travel the film festival circuit, competing for the Golden Lion at the 69th Venice International Film Festival in late August and then on to the Toronto International Film Festival in September.
Watch the trailer above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day