- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leading European exhibitor Pathe has expanded its pact with Imax by acquiring another five giant-screen theaters.
Pathe will add Imax screens with laser systems to multiplexes in Montpellier and La Valette-du-Var in southeast France. In Switzerland, Pathe will install Imax digital theater systems in new complexes in Ebikon, Spreitenbach and the Alpine Hub in Riddes.
The deal will bring to 17 the number of Imax screens Pathe has been contracted to open in its circuit. The latest theater signings come ahead of Imax releasing its fourth-quarter 2015 results on Wednesday.
Imax in 2013 signed its first theater deal with Pathe in Switzerland as part of a broader diversification push in Europe. The exhibitor also recently unveiled its new laser projection systems for its giant-screen theaters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day