- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Wannabe looks like Bonnie and Clyde with a hint of Goodfellas and a dash of The Juror.
The film tells the true story of Thomas and Rose, who attempted to climb the mafia ranks after becoming obsessed with the 1992 trial of John Gotti. (You know it’s the ‘90s because they talk about Blockbuster Video.) In order to make their mark in the world of underground crime, the two start to go after some of the jurors of the Gotti trial.
The trailer for the film sees Vincent Piazza and Patricia Arquette playing mobsters. They hold up poker games, drive getaway cars and live lavishly.
The Wannabe is Arquette’s first role since her Oscar-winning turn in Richard Linklater’s Boyhood.
The true-crime drama, which had its premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year, was written and directed by Nick Sandow. The king of modern gangster cinema, Martin Scorsese, executive produced the film.
Watch the trailer for the film below.
The Wannabe will be out in theaters on Dec. 4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey