- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British director and screenwriter Sally Potter has lined up an all-star ensemble cast for her eighth feature.
Patricia Clarkson, Cillian Murphy, Kristin Scott Thomas, Bruno Ganz, Timothy Spall, Emily Mortimer and Cherry Jones are on the guest list for The Party, which kicked off principal photography in London on Wednesday.
Described as a “comedy wrapped around a tragedy,” The Party unfolds in real-time in a contemporary London house, starting as a celebration and ending, according to the producers, with “blood on the floor.”
Financed by Great Point Media and produced by Adventure Pictures, Potter’s production company with her long-term producer Christopher Sheppard together with Kurban Kassam, who produced the director’s last feature, Ginger and Rosa, starring Elle Fanning and Alice Englert.
“We are delighted to have the chance to work with Sally on this film,” said Jim Reeve, executive producer for Great Point Media. “With such an accomplished and innovative director and a stellar cast, we are very excited to be bringing the film to the global market.”
Sally Potter is represented by ICM Partners, which will also represent the domestic rights for The Party.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day