- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Patrick Stewart delivered some news that could disappoint X-Men fans.
“No, nor Sir Ian McKellen either,” Stewart replied. McKellen has played Magneto in the franchise.
“I was learning quite a lot more about [the film] last night, and it is going to be looking very much at the earlier lives of all our characters,” Stewart continued about director Bryan Singer‘s forthcoming film. “And so I don’t think we’ll be making an appearance.”
Yahoo Movies previously reported about the Larry King Live clip.
Stewart appeared in the first X-Men trilogy and reprised his role in last year’s hit X-Men: Days of Future Past. James McAvoy plays Professor X’s younger self in the rebooted franchise, while Michael Fassbender portrays the younger Magneto.
Stewart’s episode of Larry King Now airs Wednesday at 11 a.m. PT on Ora. A clip can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day