- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The casting will reteam Wilson with director James Wan, who directed the actor in Insidious, another supernatural creepfest that was one last year’s most profitable movies.
In Conjuring, written by Chad and Carey Hayes, Wilson and Farmiga will play a husband and wife team of demonologists and psychic investigators who enter the most horrifying case of their career, spirits in a Rhode Island farmhouse.
The story is based on the real life tale of the Perron family and their ordeals in the 1970s. When New Line acquired the pitch from the Hayes, it included life rights to the Perron family and the paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren.
A March shoot in North Caroline is being eyed.
Pete Safran, Rob Cowan, and Tony DeRosa-Grund are producing.
Wilson, currently seen on screen in Jason Reitman‘s Young Adult, is repped by CAA, Anonymous Content and Hansen Jacobson.
Farmiga, who appears in next month’s Denzel Washington-Ryan Reynolds action thriller Safe House, is repped by CAA, Authentic Talent and attorney Jodi Peikoff.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day