- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Patton Oswalt and Byron Mann, who played O.G. Kovacs on Netflix’s Altered Carbon, are set to voice star in Arcana Studios’ animated feature Heroes of the Golden Masks.
The fantasy adventure pic about an American teenager magically transported back in time to the mysterious, lost city of Sanxingdui already has a voice cast that includes Christopher Plummer, Ron Perlman and Osric Chau.
Oswalt will take on the character of Aesop, a sweet Atlantean hero, while Mann will lend himself to Jiahao, a noble warrior. Directed by Sean Patrick O’Reilly, Heroes of the Golden Masks is set for an early 2021 international release.
CG Bros’ Gordon McGhie and Troy Taylor are producing the animated feature.
“We’re fortunate to once again be working with an incredible cast on what will surely be a milestone for Arcana. Heroes of the Golden Masks is our most ambitious project to date, and we look forward to taking audiences on an action-packed thrill ride next year,” director O’Reilly said in a statement.
Vancouver-based Arcana, which specializes in turning graphic novels and comics into movies, has an animation division to develop and produce cross-platform content, including for film and TV. Arcana’s production slate also includes Ultraduck, Miskatonic and Go Fish.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day